Achievement, Integrity, and Relationships- Keep the AIR Circulating!
In our world today, we have found that leadership extends beyond the top of an organization. We admire these top performers that are Presidents, CEOs, and military leaders as they exhibit actions that bring out the best in all of us. Sometimes this leadership creates more leaders in the workforce that demonstrate the initiative to lead themselves, their families, and their communities. We need more of our students, teachers, parents, and community members to step up and lead at Aiea High School. Every Na Ali’I student, teacher, parent, alumni, or community member can make a difference for our school. Please take a leadership role and give time or support to our many programs at Aiea High School. We need you!
- We are proud to announce that Mrs. Alicia Nakamitsu was awarded the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) for the state of Hawaii. She was the 7-12 Math Awardee. Nakamitsu was awarded a trip to Washington DC where she represented Hawaii. We are so proud of her!
- Mr. Ken Kang was recently in the newspaper this past week as our OC16 Teacher of the Year for AHS. He has advanced our school through his expertise as our Technology Coordinator. We are blessed to have so many talented teachers.
- We just received word that Mrs. Tracey Idica was awarded the Central District Teacher of the Year for SY 2016. She will be honored at an awards ceremony that will announce the Teacher of the Year for the state of Hawaii. We have our fingers crossed that she will be the state choice because she is our state choice! Thank you, Tracey for being an excellent teacher for so many years.
- Welcome to our newest teacher Ms. Jessica Welch. She joined us this last week as one of our newest Special Education Teachers. We are happy to have her on the A TEAM.
- Homecoming was phenomenal and our students along with the help of their teachers/advisors showed PRIDE and UNITY during the month of September. Please congratulate our Football Team on winning against Radford. Go Na Ali’i!
- Take time to visit my Principal Blog at aieaairwaves.net to see all the happenings at Aiea High School. I try to update it weekly with news and actions that occur on and off campus. Our student government also has a blog at aieahighschool.blogspot.com to see what the students are talking about !
- We have many sports events happening with Soft Tennis, Cross Country, JV Softball, Girl’s Volleyball, Football, and Cheerleading. We are also entering into the Band Festival Season. Be sure to support our students in all of their endeavors and come out to cheer them on.
Last but not least our PTSO is always looking for a few great parents! Their next event is the Fall Craft Fair on November 5th. Please become a member of PTSO or come to volunteer your time. It is fun and you get to meet new friends!
Remember to take the time to be a leader and show those leadership qualities by making a difference!
Kim Sanders, Principal
Aiea High School