Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,
As the end of the semester approaches, I want to thank you for all your support to Aiea High School. I will be leaving at the end of the semester and a new principal will take over my position. I have enjoyed the past 4 years with this community and know that I will continue to hear about Aiea High School successes. Recently I was named principal for Ewa Makai Middle School in Ewa Beach where I will be working with 7th and 8th-grade students. As an educator, these middle grades are important to the success of students in high school. So with a heavy heart, I will leave this campus to continue my work there. Know that I have great pride in all of the accomplishments of the past 4 years and can easily state as always how wonderful the students, teachers, parents, and community members are to making this school the best in Oahu. Please continue to support your children and the staff here at Aiea HS.
As always we have highlights to be proud of:
- Thank you to Tracey Idica for promoting the teaching profession with an editorial in the newspaper about a program called Educator’s Rising and how important it is that we encourage others to be educators. Big shout out to Cody Tsukamoto becoming an ambassador for Educator’s Rising: https://www.educatorsrising.org/press/2016/news-release-educators-rising-announces-the-2016-2017-ambassadors
- A big Thank You to Representative Aaron Johansen for stopping by the school and wanting to make sure that he has Aiea High School as a priority for future improvements. We appreciate his support.
- Mahalo to our Fabulous PTSO and their success at the Craft Fair on Nov. 5th. We are so fortunate to have parents that want to be involved at the high school level. This is a rarity in the high schools. Please continue to support them and their efforts to fund raise for student activities and resources.
- Thank you to Mrs. Susana Higa for her guidance this year in the new Infinite Campus program and her time in working out our registration for next school year at AHS and at the intermediate school.
- Big shout out to Mr. Phillip Hon and his media crew that have really improved student voice on campus and communication. Please take the time to see their broadcasts that are posted on this website. I love seeing what is new and exciting at AHS.
Once again I want to thank you for your support and help through the past 4 years. Please stay involved in your child’s education, studies show that parent involvement is key to student success. Work with their teachers, we have the best teachers that care so much about providing the stellar opportunities for your children.
Keep breathing the AIR: Achievement, Integrity, and Relationships,
Kim Sanders, Principal
Aiea High School