It is a New School Year with “Fresh AIR” all around. Achievement, Integrity, and Relationships!
We are excited to welcome everyone back to a new school year. Freshman and new students (10-12) will have an orientation on August 1st. We look forward to showing you the campus and getting to know each of you. On August 2nd the rest of the students will arrive to begin their classes.
- It is always fantastic to welcome new teachers to Aiea High School. Please join me in giving a big ALOHA to: Cynthia Tong (SS), Lee Ikeda (Band), Jennifer Ly (ELA), Chad Cidade (Special Education), Carissa Carlson (ELA), Jessica Nahale (Counselor), Joshua Walling and Jordyn McKnight (FSC), Rayna Hood (Sci), and Juan Romero (Span/French).
- We also want to welcome our new Assistant Principal, Dr. Devin Oshiro
- New programs this year will be our Biomedical Science, French, AP Japanese, AP Biology, Center for Tomorrows Leaders, and Broadcasting.
- Welcome to our new PTSO officers: Shari Olanda- President, Dayna Kawamura- Vice President, Cecile Goo- Treasurer, Nel Suzuki- Recording Secretary, and Carol Ford- Corresponding Secretary. Please sign up for PTSO and join in the fun with our parents, teachers, and students.
- The weather will be getting hotter and this year we will be air condition 4 more rooms in A building. We can always use donations of fans or other cooling tools for the classrooms. Please bring donations to the front office.
- Remember to read our uniform policy and have your child follow the guidelines.
- Attendance is important in high school. Students need to be in the classroom everyday to succeed in academics. Let’s work together to ensure their success.
- A big thank you to our Freshman Transition Team and their efforts to help our Freshman transition this year. We have scheduled a parent night for our freshman class on August 1st at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. See you there!
- Congratulations to our seniors that rocked the Smarter Balanced Assessment. They came up 11% in ELA and 1% in math compared to last year’s seniors. Keep Striving High!
- Way to Go Biology students, your scores came up 17% from the year before! These scores show that our students and teachers are working hard to achieve their best!
- The first Board of Education Meeting will be at Aiea High School on July 19th at 5:00 PM in the library. Two of our students, Perry Arrasmith and Breyanna Mattos-Farias will be presenting about programs at AHS. They are amazing student leaders!
It’s already an extraordinary year and I look forward to meeting all of our new families. Let’s get involved and support the Aiea High School programs. It takes a team to make a great year for our students. Show that Na’Ali’I PRIDE!
See you on campus,
Kim Sanders, Principal
Aiea High School