Students of 'Aiea High School will meet or exceed the 'Aiea High School, state, and national standards in all disciplines. Students' achievement of the General Learner Outcomes will enable each student to contribute their time, energy, and talents to enhance the quality of life for themselves, their school, and their communities and to lead productive lives.
Self-Directed Learner: The ability to be responsible for one's own learning.
- Able to set priorities and establish achievable goals.
- Able to plan and manage time and resources toward goals.
- Able to monitor progress and evaluate learning experiences.
- Able to establish clear and challenging goals and personal plans for learning.
Community Contributor: The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together.
- Able to respect people's feelings, ideas, abilities, cultural diversity and property.
- Able to be cooperative, helpful and encouraging to others in group situations.
- Able to recognize and follow rules of conduct (e.g. laws, schools rules such as dress code, ID requirements, sexual harassment, Chapter 19, classroom rules).
- Able to exhibit personal characteristics such as compassion, ethics, conviction, integrity, motivation and responsibility.
- Able to recognize that the above listed indicators are applicable
- Able to analyze conflict and discover methods of cooperative Resolution
Complex Thinker: The ability to perform complex thinking and problem solving.
- Able to analyze and apply learning acquired through school, work and other experiences.
- Able to consider multiple perspectives to analyze a problem.
- Able to evaluate the effectiveness and ethical considerations of a solution and make adjustments as needed.
- Able to generate new and creative ideas and approaches to developing solutions.
- Able to use multiple strategies to solve a variety of problems.
- Able to responsibly implement a solution.
Quality Producer: The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products.
- Able to recognize and understand quality performances and products.
- Able to understand, set a criteria and produce evidence to meet or exceed Hawaii State Assessment.
Effective Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to listen to, interpret and use information effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly through speaking, using appropriate forms, conventions, and styles to convey ideas and information for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Able to read with understanding various types of written materials and literature and use information for a variety of purposes.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly through writing using appropriate forms, conventions, and styles to convey ideas and information for a variety of audience and purposes.
- Able to observe and make sense of visual information.
Effective and Ethical Users of Technology: The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.
- Able to use a variety of technologies in producing an idea or a product.
- Able to use a variety of technologies to meet a variety of needs including accessing and managing information and generating new information.
- Able to understand the impact of technology on individuals, family, society and the environment
- Able to use the appropriate technology for communication, collaboration, research, creativity and problem solving.
- Able to understand and respect legal and ethical issues (i.e. intellectual property and copyright).